"... I come to ferry you across
Into eternal dark on the opposite side,
Into fire and ice! ..."
—Dante's Inferno, Canto III
The seventh and so far last book in the series including the most hated one in the series by the fans. The reason for this being the outcome and it was left hanging. That Gyldendal themselves haven't announced the coming books is this a book in the series, so fans usually pretend that it or the series doesn't exist anymore, like the 9th book in the Saga of Darren Shan. It's also the first book in the series to have it's cover illustrated by someone else than Eliassen in Norway.
Backcover (Translation) Edit
- "This is what we have been waiting for."
Alk nodded "But we couldn't know that it'll come to this."
- "None of us could have known how it was going to be." Ilke replied.
She took Alk's hand and squeezed it.
Alk smiled and let her hold him.
- "What if we don't survive?" he said.
-"Then I hope some will miss us." Ilke agreed.
-"Like we are missing Sha-ra?"
-"Just like that."
The things that are written in the Phenomena book is about to happen. But is it now Aldra will be saved from the idea of evil? The White Prince, Daughter of the Frost, Rathu, the winter prince, Azur, Jolsah, and King Veha ... They are standing together on the frontier of the final battle on the Gredom Fields.
- It's the only book to nor receive a paperback edition. This may show that it either hasn't sold as well as the others (and people were spoiled online and getting anxious to buy it themselves), or that Gyldendal planned to have the all the books in hardback after its release.
- The German translation has become extremely rare as DTV doesn't print the books anymore. It's completely sold out on amazon.de and hard to get by on eBay.